What's New in 2003 on the GNU Project Web Site
| Press Information
- 24 November 2003
- Released Moglen's new statement, SCO: Without Fear and
Without Research regarding the SCO situation.
- 19 November 2003
- FSF Encourages
Californians to Support Software Freedom with
- 18 November
- Added the article Why schools should use exclusively free software by Richard Stallman.
- 15 November
- Add a link on the homepage to ask Voters across Europe to contact their national MPs to prevent the Parliament vote being set aside at a meeting of the Competitiveness Council of Ministers before 27th November.
- 3 November 2003
- Posted an amusing song What a Wonderful Code.
- 30th October 2003
- Added a link to Lakhani and Wolf's paper on the motivation of free software developers (PDF
377KB) from the Third Party Ideas section of the Philosophy page.
- 21 September 2003
- Added a link to the article Groklaw sends a Dear Darl letter from the Third Party Ideas section of the Philosophy page.
- 19 September 2003
- Posted Free Software Hack.
- Posted You know you're a
- 15 September 2003
- Call for nominations for the 2003 FSF
Award for the Advancement of Free Software is posted.
- 7 September 2003
RMS received this email (on an MIT mailing list) requesting a Dimensional Warp Generator.
- 3 September 2003
Received this email requesting inflatable sheep from the
webmasters email queue.
- 18 August 2003
- Added a SCO
Scuttles Sense, Claiming GPL Invalidity by Eben
Moglen to FSF's SCO
- 15 August 2003
- Added a few more smileys contributed
from Benjamin Vander Jagt, which are linked to his page from the
html version. These use
- 13 August 2003
- Added another humorous email that was received by RMS from darkprofits.net.
- 7 August 2003
- Added a humorous
email that was received by RMS.
- 29 July 2003
- Added the story of the writing of the Free Software Song.
- 21 July 2003
- Added a transcript of a speech
Stallman gave at WSIS earlier this month.
- 13 July 2003
- Added a transcript of a speech,
My Lisp Experiences and the Development of GNU Emacs,
given by Richard Stallman at the International Lisp Conference on
28 Oct 2002.
- 29 June 2003
- Added a review of Boldrin and
Levine's paper "The case against intellectual property," by
Richard M. Stallman, to our philosophy page.
- 27 June 2003
- Added statement from FSF
about the SCO v. IBM lawsuit.
- 25 June 2003
- Added information about the expiration
of the Unisys GIF patent.
- 10 June 2003
- Updated GPL FAQ page with a few new questions under
Distribution of programs released under the GPL section.
- 27 May 2003
- Updated FSF's position on the W3C
- 26 May 2003
- Added LaTeX version of the GNU GPL.
- 30 April 2003
- Added 5 new items to the GNU Gear main page. Two
new T-shirt designs for summer 2003 and three limited edition art
prints are now available for sale.
- 29 April 2003
- Add a link on the homepage to ask European
do a little work to convince the European Parliament to reject
- 25 April 2003
- Added an audio
recording of a speech, Software Freedom and the GNU
Generation, given by Bradley M. Kuhn 22 April 2003.
- 27 March 2003
- FSF Announces Corporate Patronage Program.
- 19 Febuary 2003
- Updated the 2002 Thank
- 8 Febuary 2003
- Professor Lawrence Lessig
Awarded the Free Software Foundation Award for the Advancement of Free
- 19 January 2003
- A new page on getting GNU Press books into
your local bookstores has been added.
What was New in Prior Years
Return to GNU's home page.
FSF & GNU inquiries & questions to
Other ways to contact the FSF.
Comments on these web pages to
send other questions to
Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110, USA
Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is
permitted in any medium, provided this notice is preserved.
$Date: 2005/05/05 19:37:19 $ $Author: novalis $